Monday, January 31, 2011

More about college


Hey everybody, sorry for not posting for a few days. I just finished finals this Friday. Got totally murdered on my Python Programming/ numerical analysis final. I ended up answering 2 out of 10 questions. This semester I took a bunch of classes on technology and internet and I think I might want to end up working in the IT field. I took one class where we learned the basics of the binary system, logic gates, flip-flop switches, and other digital technologies. The professor who teaches the class has 4 PhD's and loves himself more than anyone I've ever met. The topic for the final report was how we grew and how we became motivated through taking his class. No knowledge of the subject matter was necessary to write the report at all. I'm really glad to be done with this semester on one hand, but on the other I'm one step closer to finishing college.

Going back to visit my family in Florida in a week. This week I'm gonna stock up on presents for my homies back home. Getting some Pokemon cards for my little brothers. I was thinking about getting them Pokemon black and white version but they wouldn't be able to read it so it might be a waste.

Going back to the questions people asked in my last post, Japanese people generally believe Japanese girls to be the easiest in the world but I'd have to kindly disagree. If you're the kind of dude who hits on any girls in a ten mile radius of you, then you'll probably have a lot of luck with Japanese girls. If you prefer going for girls you know have an interest in you then you might not get any Japanese girls at all. Girls here, for the most part, are submissive. They want a guy who will take care of them, make important decisions for them, and do just about everything for them. In exchange, the Japanese girl will act fragile and less intelligent than she really is because this is considered womanly and cute. Cheating is rampant in Japan. Much of the popularity of love hotels (hotels you can rent for a couple of hours) is for people to have a nice safe place to cheat.

More about my college. My college has a pretty good reputation in Japan and one of the major advantages of going to a school with such a reputation is that the school goes to great lengths to maintain this reputation. My favorite example of this is the police officer retained by the school for the sole purpose of preventing its students from facing any consequences. Basically if the newspaper headline says, "Waseda students arrested for drunkenly smashing window in red light district," the schools reputation will suffer damage amounting to far more than the cost of keeping a PR representative cop on payroll. So whenever a student does something dumb like damage property and is then arrested, the school police officer negotiates a way for everything to blow over with minimal consequences.

That's all for this time. I'm gonna go back to working on music now that I have some free time, feel free to ask me any questions in the comments and I will answer them in the next post.

35 comments:

  1. First question- Can you pick me up some pokemon cards please?!
    Second question- The girls may be easy but how can you find a long term relationship in a place like that?
    Third question- You sound like you might have a few lulz worthy stories about your self-loving professor, have any you want to share?
    Fourth question - Pokemon cards I can has?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds awesome, seriously makes me want to move to japan.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on finishing finals!

    Followed and supported

    ReplyDelete
  4. 2 out of 10... im gonna head that way with mine!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice, you're lucky that you're done the finals.

    Followed!

    ReplyDelete
  6. long post, but was worth the read, following!

    http://bassdomain.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice insight there, and I know how it goes with the self-loving professors, I had plenty that were like that.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your blog makes me wanna visit japan.

    ReplyDelete
  9. i find the whole thing about the girls acting dumber then they really are because its considered "womanly" very interesting. iv honestly never heard about things like that

    ReplyDelete
  10. Pokemon black and white? Had no idea those existed >.<

    ReplyDelete
  11. Not gonna lie, most of your techno jargon flew right over my head, but I liked the overall story. I can relate to your self-loving teacher too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Good luck bro!! Thanks!

    http://StarcraftIICommentary.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Please post more.
    http://tylishscar.blogspot.com/
    http://tylishnow.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. Omg, he's posting from glorious japan. どうしよう?
    Now, your blog is really interesting I'm looking forward for more, bro.

    ReplyDelete
  15. good luck, and enjoy your new home!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Good luck mate! You'll save the world someday :P

    ReplyDelete
  17. east asian girls in general are easy, to my knowledge. moreso than other races.

    ReplyDelete
  18. You make me glad that I go to a community college...

    http://elbynerual.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Good luck, i hope you get good results in your exams.

    Thats amazing that your school hires it's own police officer just to deal with any police issues that arise with the students. Awesome.

    I've heard the police are really strict in Japan especially with stuff like drugs, is this true?

    ReplyDelete
  20. thanks for the info. keep up with your studies!

    http://underratedfilms.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  21. Ive been in college for almost half a semester and its alright, better than hs. Still hate doing hw in general though.

    ReplyDelete
  22. looking forward to you posting some more music bro! Love the blog, I would love to go to Tokyo one day! Followed.

    ReplyDelete
  23. i'm 3d designer and i use cinema 4d,the last version 12 they put "Python"i don't know if you know that,if you know about this please tell me more about putting this language in 3d program!!nice blog..

    ReplyDelete
  24. That's rigorous. I hope you make it out alright.

    ReplyDelete
  25. That sounds like an insane semester. Following and supporting.

    http://atweveryday.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete